What happens when I reset back to factory default?

Check here if you have general inquiries related to TVpad.

What happens when I reset back to factory default?

Postby clubtvpad » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Unless you have major issues with your TVpad, you should not have to reset TVpad back to factory default. When you do, TVpad will wipe out all apps installed and you will only have "Setting and App Manager" on the main screen. Any personal settings such as video settings or wifi settings will be erased and you will have to redo them.

BUY WELTV NOW CLICK here!
TVpad firmware and app downloads: Download page
General TVpad FAQ:Click Here
clubtvpad
Site Admin

Re: What happens when I reset back to factory default?

Postby techgadgets88 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Update on the factory reset option.

When you do a factory reset, it actually does not delete any of the apps that have been installed. Factory resets clears all network configuration settings and resets it back to the initial setup, that prompts you to enter the randomly assigned 3 digit number the very first time when you turn on your TVpad. The installed apps remain on the TVpad.

techgadgets88

Postby yyh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:18 am

techgadgets88 wrote:Update on the factory reset option.

When you do a factory reset, it actually does not delete any of the apps that have been installed. Factory resets clears all network configuration settings and resets it back to the initial setup, that prompts you to enter the randomly assigned 3 digit number the very first time when you turn on your TVpad. The installed apps remain on the TVpad.

Is it me, or has this always been the case? The only time I've done a factory reset was with the previous latest firmware 2.72, which most of us are still using. All the settings and configuration were reset, the apps remained untouched. Also it does not reload any other firmware or whatsoever, just the settings on your currently flashed firmware.

yyh

Postby techgadgets88 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:22 pm

yyh wrote:
techgadgets88 wrote:Update on the factory reset option.

Is it me, or has this always been the case? The only time I've done a factory reset was with the previous latest firmware 2.72, which most of us are still using. All the settings and configuration were reset, the apps remained untouched. Also it does not reload any other firmware or whatsoever, just the settings on your currently flashed firmware.

I believe that's always been the case but then again, I'm only going by the M121 v2.72 f/w since that's all I have, and correcting what's noted in the FAQ. :)

techgadgets88

Postby sun8flower » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:53 pm

i missed my 3 digit number after i did the factory reset, and now im not getting anything on the screen except for the tvpad logo for a few seconds only, please help thanks.

sun8flower

Postby clubtvpad » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 pm

unplug power and wait 10-15 minutes. Once you plug the power back, wait a few minutes for the tvpad to boot up.

clubtvpad
Site Admin

Postby sfcv351 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi, happen to me the same, missed the code, reconnected power plug after a few hours, still cannot get back to code screen..
m121s box... if anyone know, the answer how to get back in?
thanks........

sfcv351

Postby clubtvpad » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:35 am

sfcv351 wrote:Hi, happen to me the same, missed the code, reconnected power plug after a few hours, still cannot get back to code screen..
m121s box... if anyone know, the answer how to get back in?
thanks........

Did you get your TVpad working? If not try leaving it on and see if it would recycle itself. But make sure you pay attention to the screen just in case it asks for the code.

clubtvpad
Site Admin

Postby sfcv351 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:22 pm

yes, finally! found out, better to connect both HDMI and AV (RCA plugs). once booth up TVpad, if only see logo nothing else, within a few seconds, switch TV input to AV Vs HDIM, one of the screen is working asking for Code... if missed that, just unplug for a few seconds and try again...

sfcv351

Postby pcmc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am

sun8flower wrote:i missed my 3 digit number after i did the factory reset, and now im not getting anything on the screen except for the tvpad logo for a few seconds only, please help thanks.

Can i ask how did you get this 3 digit number code?

It didn't come with the tvpad box i got.

pcmc

Next

Return to TVpad FAQ