TVpad2 - Live Streaming Problem

General discussion for 2nd generation TVpad M121

TVpad2 - Live Streaming Problem

Postby se00wkw » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:47 am

Hi

I recently purchased the TVpad2 and i am having problems streaming the live streams.
I have connected to the internet via wireless and done all the tests in the settings and its all working fine.

I got the TVpad2 to watch the Chinese stored TVB dramas and also to watch the Chinese live streams.
The stored TVB dramas are working fine and i can watch them no problem but when i try to watch the live stream, it never loads.
The loading speed is always at 0-2kb/s and after a minute or two, it will time out with an error and return back to the main page.

For info, my router is TalkTalk Huawei HG532 Router.
Not sure if its something to do with the router settings but main thin i don't understand is why the stored dramas stream fine but he live stream doesn't work

Anyone's help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks :D

se00wkw

Re: TVpad2 - Live Streaming Problem

Postby clubtvpad » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 am

there are a handful of apps that streams live tv. Are you able to stream from any of them? Also are you able to test the with direct cable connection to rule out it's a wifi issue?

BUY WELTV NOW CLICK here!
TVpad firmware and app downloads: Download page
General TVpad FAQ:Click Here
clubtvpad
Site Admin

Postby Phantoman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:17 pm

FYI, the live streams are based on the SopCast protocol and the VOD streams are based on the Force protocol. Not that this will help you, but just so you know they are using two different things.

Btw, is this the only TVPad unit in your house ? I have a similar problem when I have both my TVPads on at the same time, but I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with my router.

If you appreciate the work that the Hacker team is doing, please consider making a small donation.
*** CLICK HERE TO DONATE ***
Phantoman

Postby se00wkw » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:14 am

Thanks for the replies.
I have also check with a cable connection and the same thing happens and the live stream doesn't work.
These are the live stream apps i have tested so far:

体育Online
HITV
粵海寬頻
电视精灵

Phantoman, this is the only TVpad unit in my house but as you mentioned, i think it may be a problem with my router streaming live TV.
I will try look into the router settings to see anything needs adjusting like the firewall to see if it helps the live streaming.

Many thanks again for the replies.

se00wkw

Postby Phantoman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:06 pm

If you download SopCast on your PC and try to play one of the live streams, does it work ?

If you appreciate the work that the Hacker team is doing, please consider making a small donation.
Phantoman

Postby se00wkw » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:38 am

I have SopCast and the the live stream channels fine.

I'm with Talk Talk (UK) so wonder if anyone else got the same problem as me =/

se00wkw

Postby coolguy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:49 pm

se00wkw wrote:Hi

I recently purchased the TVpad2 and i am having problems streaming the live streams.
I have connected to the internet via wireless and done all the tests in the settings and its all working fine.

I got the TVpad2 to watch the Chinese stored TVB dramas and also to watch the Chinese live streams.
The stored TVB dramas are working fine and i can watch them no problem but when i try to watch the live stream, it never loads.
The loading speed is always at 0-2kb/s and after a minute or two, it will time out with an error and return back to the main page.

For info, my router is TalkTalk Huawei HG532 Router.
Not sure if its something to do with the router settings but main thin i don't understand is why the stored dramas stream fine but he live stream doesn't work

Anyone's help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks :D

I'm having identical problem as you did. I bought the TVPad2 here and got it yesterday. I had it setup and was working fine yesterday. Today, I can't receive any of the live streams from all pre-install apps but able to watch the stored TVB drama. Since both of us having identical problem, could it be that the TVPad2 is defective?

coolguy

Postby se00wkw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 pm

I wouldn't say it was defective since the stored TVB drama's work fine, i just think there is something wrong with the live streaming...
My brother has the TVpad2 aswell and he said his is working fine...

I will try play around with the settings in the next few days to see if it will work.
Please let me know if you get yours working =D

se00wkw

Postby Phantoman » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Can both of you try it at another house ? At least then we have a better idea where the problem lies.

Oh btw, did you guys connect the TVPad directly to the ISP modem/router ? So *not* connected via your own router.

Phantoman

Postby coolguy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Mines is working now. I had posted another post and the site admin has confirmed that there was a TVpad server outage on 4-20-13 most of the day.

coolguy

Next

Return to TVpad2 M233 M121(S)